Vegan Chickenless Fajitas – Vegan Athlete Diet
It’s time to share another of my vegan-ized recipes! I really enjoy helping all sorts of people, not just vegans or vegetarians, with practical tips & knowledge from a Vegan Athlete Diet.
As of the writing of this post, I’m into my 2nd Round of Body Beast, which is Beachbody’s 1st program dedicated to maximum muscles gains and fat loss. I did my 1st Round last year after it became available. It’s a great program but the 1st iteration of the nutrition guide did not have much spelled out specifically for vegans. So, I’ve been using my vegan knowledge & experience to create my own vegan versions for some recipes & snacks inspired by the Body Beast Nutrition Guide.
Vegan Chicken-less Fajitas
(Makes 4 servings, 2 fajitas each)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsps extra virgin olive-oil, divided use
- 2 packages Trader Joe’s Chicken-less Strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small/medium onion, thinly sliced into small strips
- 1 TB fresh lime juice
- 8 small corn, wheat or combo tortillas (I like Trader Joe’s Vegan Corn & Wheat Tortillas, de mi Abuela style)
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- Fresh salsa (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and 1 tsp olive oil in large resealable bag
- Add bell pepper & onion to to bag; mix gently to coat. Refrigerate for 15 mins
- Heat remaining 1 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Empty contents of bag into skillet and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 – 3 minutes until onions begin to soften
- Add the 2 packages of Chicken-less strips and cook, stirring frequently for 2 – 3 minutes
- Remove from heat, add lime juice and stir to incorporate
- Serve fajitas with warm tortillas, avocado, salsa and lime wedges
If you’ve got a keen eye, you’ll notice I’ve omitted salt here as in the original recipe. The Trader Joe’s Chcken-less Strips have quite a bit of salt to begin with, so I’ve felt not need to add more.
I make this recipe regularly! And for me, it’s great to cook once, eat four times – very efficient. I hope you’ve enjoyed this vegan-ized recipe inspired by Body Beast! All part of my sharing of my Vegan Athlete Diet.