Vegan Athlete Diet
One of the things about Beachbody I’ve been very happy to see is that they really listen to input from customers & coaches. It’s been great to see that the updated nutrition guides and new fitness programs have more recipes for vegetarians and vegans!
Here’s one I cook regularly. It is from the Focus T25™ Fitness Program. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato & Quinoa Salad
Recipe Type: Lunch / Main
- 1/2 medium sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp chopped raw cashews
- 2 Tbsp Citrus Vinaigrette OR other low-sugar/low-salt vinaigrette
- Fill bottom of steamer with 2 inches of water; bring to a boil over high heat. Place sweet potato in top of steamer; steam for 5 to 7 minutes, or until fork tender
- Combine cooked sweet potato, cooked quinoa, bell pepper, and cashews in a medium serving bowl
- Drizzle with Citrus Vinaigrette; toss gently to blend. Serve immediately
Calories: 318 Fat: 13g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 45g Sugar: 12g Sodium: 205mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 7g Cholesterol: 0mg
I hope you enjoyed this vegan athlete diet post! And remember – you don’t have to be a vegan to enjoy some simple, tasty & healthy vegan recipes occasionally.