I’m a bit behind this week but catching up with another Vegan Athlete Diet post. I hope that this REALLY simple and quick recipe serves many of you, whether you’re vegan or not – this is for everyone.
I’ve been making this for years and cannot remember where I got the basic idea but it really is simple. The prep time is nearly half of the overall time which itself is short.
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 2 – 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- Bring a medium-size skillet to medium heat
- Add the olive oil to coat skillet
- Add minced garlic cloves and saute just until fragrant, about 1 to 2 mins
- Add spinach leaves to pan and saute until leaves start to wilt and start to get darker in color (about 1 min)
- Add garbanzo beans to heat up with other ingredients briefly (30 sec to 1 min)
- Serve hot
You can also enjoy this by adding the cooked saute to a bed of quinoa or brown rice to make more of a meal out of it.
I hope you enjoy this Vegan Athlete Diet post! If you have fussy eaters that don’t really like vegetables, the spinach hides or shrinks to nearly nothing in this dish yet all the nutrition is still there. Enjoy!