Vegan Athlete Diet
I actually don’t remember where I found the original starting recipe for this but I’ve changed it a bit since then anyway.
And now I’m sharing my version – enjoy!
Ingredients (makes 1 large or a 2-3 smaller servings)
- 1 – 2 bunches raw kale
- 1 tsp brown miso paste
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp hemp oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or sliced mushrooms
- Rinse raw kale leaves well and shred by hand into bite-sized chunks or chop using a knive
- In a large bowl, mix together the miso paste, red wine vinegar, hemp oil and garlic powder
- Squeeze out excess water from kale pieces using a paper towel or a salad spinner
- Add the kale pieces to the large bowl and mix thoroughly by hand. As you work the miso/vinegar mixture into the leaves, it starts to soften and break them down in a bit
- Rinse your cherry tomatoes or sliced mushrooms in a colander
- Add to the prepared kale salad
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds and serve!
Have you signed up for my FREE 7-Day Vegan Quick Start Guide yet? If not, CLICK HERE or head over to tinyurl.com/seano7day and sign up. Let’s eat vegan, nutrient-dense together even if only a week to help show others what’s possible!
This is one of my favorite raw salad recipes these days and I make it at least 2 – 3 times each week. Hope you enjoyed this latest vegan athlete diet post!