Vegan Athlete Diet
There are probably some other well-known Power Couples in the Plant-Strong world but today I’m celebrating two you may not have heard of as a couple yet: quinoa & lentils.
They are used together in a lot of recipes, they go well together just on their own, they are easy to prepare together in the same pot, etc. I now make one or two basic batches each week so I have a go-to base for a few meals.
Basic Lentils & Quinoa
- 1/2 cup dried lentils
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 cups cooking liquid (water or low-sodium vegetable broth or a combo of both)
- Pick through the dried lentils to make sure there aren’t any bits of debris or small stones
- Put dried quinoa & dried lentils into a fine-mesh sieve and rinse thoroughly
- Add to medium-sized pot with the cooking liquid
- Bring to a boil
- Cover and cook for about 15 mins
With the basic recipe, there’s plenty you can do if you don’t just enjoy them as is:
- Add some freshly chopped vegetables & herbs for a colorful, one-bowl meal
- Use as a base, top with a veggie burger and your favorite sauce
Have you signed up for my FREE 7-Day Vegan Quick Start Guide yet? If not, CLICK HERE or head over to tinyurl.com/seano7day and sign up. Let’s eat vegan, nutrient-dense together even if only a week to help show others what’s possible!