The word success can mean different things to different people.
And even for one person, the meaning of success can change dramatically as you grow as a person, experience life and refine your priorities. That has certainly been true for me.
I’m one of many people reading through Chalene Johnson’s new book, “PUSH”. One of the chapters focuses on reviewing one’s current definition of success. As I sat down to write out 7 aspects that signify success to me, it was a fascinating process. I’d recently come across some of my journals from high school where I talked about what I wanted to be “once I grew up”, what success meant to me as a teenager, etc.
I’m happy to report that I’ve matured some since then, so that is progress. Without further ado, here are the 7 aspects I currently use to define success for me:
1. Abundance flows freely into my life and I freely share it back out with gratitude to keep the energy going
2. I live every day as an integrated, authentic person
3. I continually achieve goals in line with my current priorities while setting new goals as I evolve and develop as a person
4. Inner fears are used as signals only; they are not given Marquee or Tyrant Status
5. I create a healthy balance amongst the 7 Major Areas of my life
6. I share wisdom regularly to help others while I also continue to learn as well
7. I confidently take action every day knowing that I matter simply because I’m here
I’d be curious to hear how others define success for themselves … what about you?