Vegan Athlete Diet
I’ve been making this recipe for quite a while but had not shared a picture of it until recently. I was shocked at how many people responded, so I promised to write up the recipe. Here it goes!
- 1 TB oil OR use cooking spray (your choice)
- 1 package of tempeh (I usually get the Organic 3-Grain precooked from Trader Joe’s) cut into roughly 1/2″ cubes
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Heat oil (or spray non-fat cooking spray) in pan to get to medium high heat
- Add chopped onions & saute until translucent or about 3 minutes
- Add the cubed tempeh & saute until golden brown or about 2 minutes (I purchase tempeh that has been pre-cooked, so the saute time is to brown and not to cook)
- Add 3/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce and stir to coat
- Turn off heat and let sit for about 1 minute (to even out temperature) & then serve
- Makes 2 servings
I will often bake some sweet potatoes to enjoy along with like pictured in the recipe photo. Enjoy!