Baked Garbanzos – Vegan Athlete Diet
One advantage of a Vegan Athlete Diet is that lots of whole, minimally processed foods are staples that can add flavor & nutrients. But not necessarily a lot of calories.
I saw a snack idea in a Food Network Magazine and decided to adapt it slightly to try myself. The 1st iteration was pretty good though I’ll continue to experiment with baking temperatures & times to get the desired crunch.
- About 2 cups or 1 can cooked chickpeas
- Olive oil to coat
- 1 tsp garlic powder (more or less to your preference)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less to your preference to spice/heat)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Toss together all ingredients into an oven-proof ceramic or glass baking dish or cookie tray
- Bake for 30 minutes. About halfway through cooking time, pull baking dish out to stir again to ensure even baking without burning
I hope you enjoyed another Vegan Athlete Diet post – helping bring simple & practical plant-based food ideas to everyone.